Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby No More

My Little One is nearing her 3rd birthday. I am shocked daily by her knowledge and her skills as they develop and sharpen.

She is no longer my baby and not even My Little Girl, as she declares every time I try to call her that. She is my Big Girl! She is "growed up" and is "bigger than before".

I am stuck daily insisting on the afternoon nap, (the one that I DESPERATELY NEED), but she tells me, "Mommy, I no tired!" How do I apply logic to a 2 7/8th year old??? So we have a battle that leads me to keep hissing, "Get On That Couch!!!" and her to reply, "BUT I NO TIRED!!!" until one of us, (me), is too tired to fight, and then she falls asleep in her supper, or in the bath tub, or is a cantankerous turd until bedtime...

But would I really change it???

No.

She runs up to me, for no reason at all, and declares that I am the BEST MUMMY IN THE WORLD!!!

She gives the best hugs right now, and she can reach to tickle my neck.

She kisses and grabs my hand and dances and sings and everything that makes me smile when I need it the most.

In 12 Days, she will turn Three. She will officially be done Toddler-hood. She will be my (gulp!!!) Preschooler!

She is more ready for that than I am.

Don't mind me, I'll be in the corner, silently weeping for a minute! :-)

Good Bye my Baby! Hello My Big Girl!

No comments: