Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Parliment has fallen

I watched CBC last night in a giddy anticipation. I guess that makes me a geek (tee hee hee), but this is history. I can tell my grandkids that I watched the vote go down. The government has fallen before, but not like this. The vote was to throw the govt. out directly. In the past, it's been where the vote was overturned on a budget, or other issue, but these 9 words "That this House has lost confidence in the government." will cause an election to remember.

Here's the kicker though, Canadian decided voters are still leading with votes FOR the Liberal party. There will most likely be another Liberal Minority government! This will be just like the election held in the United States last year. The blue states will be outnumbered by the red states and the outcome will be the same.

I believe that Paul Martin, in a few short weeks will be our Prime Minister once again. For better or worse, this may not turn out the way that Steven Harper thinks that it will...

1 comment:

Sean S. said...

oh, I was giddy...that stuff does it for me...you should see me on election night.....watch out if you block the tv or try to talk to me...