Friday, November 04, 2005

Periods and the lack of one.

Funny, but as the day rolls around to the start of my fertility treatments, there is a post about a National Post article on feminine hygiene product advertisements on Becky's blog.

I made a post that we as women should be happy to have a period, and yes be proud of it. I kinda just ranted on, because I'm feeling so torn about my body. I have to use drugs to induce something that women and girls take for granted each and every day of the year. I used to be one of them. I complained, and bitched, and moaned that it was that time of the month and now I don't get a period more than twice a year if I get that lucky.

Travis and I really want a family, so now, it's 10 pills to make me menstruate and 5 to make me ovulate, and blood tests and more injections, and more blood tests... It's a terrible cycle.

I pray that we will be blessed with a child, and if after the 12 or thirteen tries that I am allowed on these drugs nothing happens, then we will try to adopt a baby. If God wants me to have a child he will provide one. I just get worked up when I see girls taking their bodies, their fertility, and in some cases that I have seen in the mall, their children for granted.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone over at Becky's site. I just am all hopped up on estrogen right now... :-)

No comments: