Sunday, December 04, 2005

Date Night Recap

So Trav came to pick me up at work @ 7, last night. We went and bought some Christmas gifts, and I got my new winter coat (Blue, my favorite colour). Then, hubby opens his big mouth, and starts talking about how before he came to get me, he was looking on e-bay at cell phones, and he's going to bid on a phone on Sunday. I start to panic, because I have just spent $150 on a new phone for him, and here he is running off buying himself one.

Does he not know the rule??? From November 15th through December 25th, you cannot purchase anything for yourself, so that others may purchase them for you!!! Anyhow, He ended up sensing my tension over the phone thing, and he said "What's the problem, you know that I need a new phone...You bought me a phone didn't you?" Then he sheepishly said, "let's go for supper now." So I never officially said that I did buy him a new phone, but he knows... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Anyhoo, we grabbed some awesome Chinese food, and then we went to the 9:40 showing of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The movie was awesome! The best of the four thus far, and there is a huge opportunity for the next couple of movies to go even darker. The return of Lord Voldemort was incredible. The books are amazing, but the movies are a great treat too.

I can't wait for the next one: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Hey! I'm in Saskatoon too...where do you get awesome chineese food? We've live here for 11 years and still haven't found a GREAT place. Just doesn't compare to back home small town cafes!

Tracey said...

Actually, Kinda lame answer for you, but it's the Edo Japan in the Midtown Food Court. Second only to Ding Dong's on 21st Street, just outside of the mall.

Terri said...

Not lame..I'm a big fan of Edo. LOL I love their sticky rice.