Monday, January 23, 2006

Can We exhale yet??

Phew! That was close. Too Close...

Prime Minister Stephen Harper. That leaves a funny taste in my mouth. I guess I'll have to get used to it. Thank goodness, the Conservatives have to play nice in the House of Commons, they have to "Promise to Share and Be a Friend" to the other parties, or they will send us all back to the poles here much too soon. (Sorry, that's the Spark leader in me talking...)

I hope that Mr. Harper takes these results, and uses them properly. This is almost a hollow victory. I say that because I wonder how many Bloc and NDP votes went to the Conservatives simply to punish the Liberals?

Right now, this looks bad, but not terrible.

Let's all just go to bed, and see how this looks in the light of day.

EDIT: If I hear one more person say "We voted with hope instead of fear" I'm going to throw up!!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

At least if the conservatives won, they are on a short, minority leash.

>I wonder how many Bloc and NDP votes went to the Conservatives simply to punish the Liberals?<

I said the same thing to my Mom...I suspect that many were casting votes against the liberals rather than for the conservatives.