Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I am a Chicken-Shit

Becky asked what scary books we like to read today. My answer - None!
There is no denying my less-than-brave attitude when it comes to scary movies, books, tv shows, etc. I am a HUGE chicken.
When The Ring was in theaters, I was dragged there by my hubby and another couple (Janelle and Neil) who had already seen it. They all wanted to go again, and I gave a firm no. That firm no was overruled by the 3-1 vote, and I had to endure the scariest hour and a half of my life. Then, My bastard husband, (Who was working at a hotel, as a night auditor) set our bedroom tv to turn on at 3am, to a channel that was static. Then he called me just after it turned on and said "seven days". I'm sure that all of Saskatoon heard me screaming that night. Ya, great joke, you bastard!!!
The first scary movie I ever saw was Steven King's IT. I was 12 and at a sleepover. One of the girls there had a clown doll that they tortured me with for the rest of the night. To this day, I still start to panic if I even see that movie in the video store.
As Travis tells me, I'm just a chicken-butt.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Okay..what your hubby did was mean...very ingenious...but mean!

I would have slapped him silly. I just need to start talking like the girl from Exorcist to get my husband crying like a little school girl.

Anonymous said...

But that clown puppet sure was funny! I can still see you screaming and shivering in fear! HA HA HA