Sunday, January 15, 2006

Scary, but a Good Thing.

Saturday night, I went to my staff Christmas Party... I know that it is well into January, but you cannot have a weekend off during the retail hell that is December, so we have it in Jan. Trav and I stayed basically just for supper and a glass of wine, then we rushed out to the real Par-Tay of the evening, Curtis' 27th b-Day!!! Basically just stayed up playing board games for way too long. The Girls won them all, (as usual) and then the Boys pouted, exclaiming quite loudly that we must have cheated, not moving their pieces ahead at the proper intervals... (as usual) :-)

That left me with a bit of a sleep-in today, and the decision: Do I go to the Freehouse coffee at 3:00?

I decided to go, (almost last minute) and then when I got there, I sat by the window, b/c 1) I didn't see anyone that I recognized, and 2) I was too chicken to walk up to strangers and say, "Are you here to talk about the Worship Freehouse?"

Becky came in and I kinda recognized her, but it was one of those "is she or isn't she?" moments... As I sat there, and contemplated either bolting out of there with my tail between my legs, or saying "excuse me, are you Becky?" I swallowed the lump in my throat, and I'm still not sure where the courage came from, but I chose the latter. The next thing I knew, She sat at my table and totally eased my mind. She and I talked for a few minutes, and then she introduced me to the rest of the group. Within moments, I felt right at home. I am really excited to explore more of my spirituality with these people.

In my last post about the Freehouse, I questioned if these were the right people for me, and I can say that from our interactions today, I feel that they are. It is going to be a fun ride, and I recommend jumping on with me. My spirit was definitely lifted today and I know that this will be a good thing.

3 comments:

becky said...

Yay for your bravery! It's nice to put a face and personality with the name. See you soon.

Terri said...

You are brave! I once say Becky at Walmart and was to chicken to say anything because I didn't know if it was invading her privacy and I didn't want to make her mad. Silly I know. She told me next time to come say Hello and I will. I'm terribly shy!

Tracey said...

Terri, she's really a great gal - Grrrl? - and now she's officially my favorite B-list celeb. (Her words not mine) :-)