Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To Travis

You thank me all the time
But now it’s my turn.
Cause truly a word of gratitude so due
Can’t go unheard.
And it made me feel better
To have you there in my corner.
My eyes cast so low,
My face could not have been
Drawn longer.

I know you’ve been impressed.
You’ve seen me at my best.
But oh, how it hurts
When I can’t hide my worst.
Well thank-you for carrying on
For playing with me and this song.
It made me feel better.
We sat it out like some passing bad weather.

My mind was like kid’s boxing gloves,
The kind blown up with air
That are put away after play,
And get limp just lying there.
But you knew they’d fill up again,
And you gave me your shoulder,
And I got up in the ring
Because I had you there
In my corner.

And I got up in the ring
Because I had you there
In my corner.


The Ring - Sarah Harmer


Travis, thank you for always being there. I love you today and every day. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: