Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Love me some Broadway!

Tonight was superb. I enjoyed two fantastic movies tonight. Good night and good luck and Transamerica.

Good night and good luck was good, but not something I will watch again. Becky described it well by saying it's like a vegetable. You do it because it's good for you. For those unfamiliar, it's a black and white pic about Ed Murrow, an American Journalist in the 1950's, who fought against McCarthyism.

Transamerica was much funnier and more touching. Felicity was amazing. She really looked like a man in certain scenes! It was a genuine movie with a few flaws, but they were forgivable.
I'm not sure how many "Christians" will see this film, but there is a perfect line in it. Bree is questioned about being a Christian, and that she wouldn't belong in a church. She replies"My body may be a work-in-progress, but there is nothing wrong with my soul." That said it all. I will be buying this on DVD to join my collection for sure.

No comments: