Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Icy Roads = Craptacular Bus Ride

This morning, I went out to the bus stop at 8:55AM as per getting to work on time for 9:30. Instead, no bus came rolling along. Strange, I thought, as there were other people waiting for the same bus as I, Chances of me being late and missing it were slim.

When the bus FINALLY rolled by, it was 9:24AM and it was full. Turns out, the first bus skidded and hit a snowbank because of the icy roads over in Lawson Heights, and then a second bus came to it's rescue. Everyone from bus one got onto bus two. Bus two picks us up and drives to the next stop where it gets stuck in a snowbank on the side of the road. Now we are all stranded on bus two, as bus three comes to our rescue again!

I walked from the bus mall to the Midtown, sliding and skidding the whole way.

What an interesting morning!

3 comments:

Terri said...

I took the bus for many years when I worked downtown in the Sturdy Stone. Sure don't miss it. Sorry you had such a crappy ride this morning.

Jackie said...

Ah yes, the bus. When I moved to Saskatoon in 1996 I rode the bus everywhere for the longest time. You certainly can meet some interesting folks on the bus! Sorry you had such a hard time this morning.

Tracey said...

Meh, it's not that I had a crappy time, it's just that bone-head Murphy's Law. The day I ride the bus, is the day something strange will happen :-)

Thanks for the concern, Ladies!