Saturday, May 20, 2006

Live Blogging!! Woo Hoo!

Good Morning! How's this for fun? Today Joshie and I are going to live blog the day. Hopefully it will be interesting for you. Check back and see what I do on what was supposed to be my day off.

8:43 - Open up shop. I arrive (late) (damn Train on 33rd St.) (I hate Driving to work) and I have no time for Starbucks...Yet :-)

8:47 - First Call answered. Someone wants to know what time we are open. Here we go!

9:24 - The Guy from Coles just went by, making strange noises... That's what it takes to work here, a strange sense of humor!

9:30 - Made the opening announcement. Now the fun really gets to start. No, really, this is fun!

9:47 - I just received my first complaint / Suggestion of the day. A woman just told me that in the summertime, the mall should be open at 6AM or earlier, because she was awake and had to "waste daylight waiting for the mall to open to do [her] shopping".

10:31 - It looks like I'm not the only one who is running behind today. Josh hasn't shown yet. Meanwhile the phone just won't stop. Arrgh! I lie. Joshie just appeared.

10:56 - So here we go, Josh just told someone that "we like to see old people hurt." In reference to not having an escalator in clear sight. Plus, he just admitted to getting panty lines.

Oh dear. It's going to be a long day!

11:16 - Security just turned a cell phone in to us, and we got to play with it, trying to find the # and information. The owner just called it and is on the way to pick it up.

11:22 - So this is joshie now, i just saw the slowest express courier on the planet. How many express couriers have you seen with a cane, seriously that's express service.
The courier was the owner of the phone aswell. The on button was a mystery to her.

11:43 - I don't want to be Josh's friend any more. He is serenading me with a rendition of 'I Want You Back' by N'sync. HELP ME!

11:56 - Shocker! Josh has never heard the South Park Christmas song: "I'm a Lonely Jew on Christmas". Is there nothing in this world special? Plus, he just burped at me. eeew. (That was so Girly of me... I'm sorry!)

12:23 - Alright! We just hit our Peak noon hour rush, and Our parking gates are NOT WORKING!!! I've just handwritten 5 parking slips in a row. The good news is that I haven't answered the phone in nearly an hour. There is talk of sending someone to 7-11 in the parking dept. 'gator' to go get a bunch of Slurpees....

1:04 - Josh again, Becky and her friend Tara from swift current just paid us a visit. We were topic free until they came. We are now back on the topic of Jesus and tom hanks.... ponder this ... is tom trying to grown his hair to look like Jesus. This makes me think of my friends and i who believed in our younger years that if God was a home boy He would be 'Big Papa G-O-D'.

2:36 - Wow! It's been a busy hour and a half! We took a HUGE complaint from a customer who was very angry at San Fransisco, so we made her happy again! :-)

Plus, Josh showed me this version of Dance, Dance by Fall out Boy: Ted's Pants Watch it! It's funny.

3:42 - So Becky and Tara came back and just harrassed Josh for owning / reading Align, Revolve's counterpart for Men. Harassed is a little harsh, but it was a neat conversation. The best part is that I think that Josh will be into checking The Freehouse out sometime. :-)

4:02 - Only 58 minutes to go. It has been a wild and crazy day!

4:27 - We give out the refunds when the Coke machines eat your $$. Lately that policy has been abused by some bad people, so now we have to figure a way to track this better, and find a way to discern the scammers from the honest people. I think that we are just too trusting with a lot of things here.

4:59 - Well, I'm outta here for another night! Josh has to stay for another half hour, so you still have to stop by and say hi to him. Have a good night Y'all!

5:05 - Good night everyone. This is Joshua saying good night and God Bless.

3 comments:

becky said...

Hey! A friend of mine from out of town and me will come by and say "hey" to you later this afternoon! :)

Tracey said...

Yes! Normal people visiting would be cool!

Federico Perazzoni said...

Interesting....

:-/