Friday, June 09, 2006

A Dirty Job

Finishing a book is just like you took a child out in the back yard and shot it. -Truman Capote

I am not quite sure what Capote was thinking when he said this, or what exactly he meant, but I like it. I can sort-of relate. I mean, you invest a lot of energy and emotion in a book, and when you are done, you are almost spent. I can't read a book through unless I have an emotional attachment to the characters or the story.

I'm almost done a book that Travis bought me for our anniversary. It is the new Christopher Moore book A Dirty Job. I expect that I'll finish it tonight. It's pretty funny. It's about a man who discovers that he has been made into a Grim Reaper, except it's a Chris Moore book, so things aren't what they seem... I can't say much otherwise it would ruin the story for any of you out there that like his books. Just go out and read this book. Becky, I will loan this to you ASAP :-)

1 comment:

becky said...

Woohoo! I'm making a list of books to tackle when this damn thesis is finally DONE.