Thursday, July 13, 2006

Anybody Out There?

Have you read the book, Anybody Out There By Marian Keyes, yet? I have mentioned this book a few times here already, but I have to tell you, I finally finished it, and It is a great summer read!

It starts out in Ireland. Our heroine Anna Walsh is in her parent's house and is being nursed back to health. She has had the beating of a lifetime, but we don't know how or why she is so badly injured. Her parents and her younger sister (who is a Private Detective who's always hanging out in someone's bushes) are taking care of Anna, but all she wants to do is to get back to New York City. She wants to get back to 'Him', a mysterious man whom she is desperate to see again and back to her fabulous career as a big time fashion/cosmetics executive for a posh PR firm.

As the story progresses, we find out her injuries are because of a horrible accident. And that's about all I can tell you.

This story is so tightly wound, that If I tell you much more it might affect your enjoyment of the book. I actually was forced by my Mother to leave it behind on Sunday when we left, because she had started it during the week.

If you have a week off, and you are going to lounge in the sun or shade, grab a copy of this book by Marian Keyes and enjoy! It is one of the best summer reads you will find.

Plus, Marian has one of the coolest websites that I've ever seen... :-)

1 comment:

Terri said...

I'll have to look this up. I need a good summer read.