Thursday, September 28, 2006

Imagine the conversations!


Thirteen people that I would LOVE to sit
with and have a cup of tea.


1. The Dalai Lama. He was presented with honorary Canadian citizenship
earlier this month. I would like to talk with him about spirituality and
learn from him.

2. President George W. Bush. Just to simply find out WHY!! Why he does
the stuff that he does.

3. Peter and Bobby Farrelly. I would like to discuss films with these two.
for a couple of guys who make movies for frat guys, they seem to posess
wicked talent.

4. Pope Benedict XVI. As any Catholic can attest to, (Reformed or otherwise)
we are all drawn to the Vatican. I would love to talk shop with The Pope and
truly discover what his real thoughts on spirituality are.

5. Emma Thompson. Not only an accomplished actress, but also a fantastic
writer. She wrote the screenplay for Nanny McPhee.

6. My Great Grandma (My Dad's Dad's Mom). My Baba had stories of the old
country, and running from the Nazi's, plus I hear that she was wicked awesome
in the kitchen. She died when I was a baby. I wish I could have heard her
stories first hand.

7. Zach Braff. He's a hottie, with GREAT taste in music. Nuff said.

8. Idina Menzel. This chick can sing! She was the original Maureen Johnson
in RENT, and most recently was cast in 'Wicked' as Elphaba.

9. Christopher Moore. As a slightly twisted person, I read Chris' books
almost religiously. His newest one is to be called Love Sucks and is a sequel to
Bloodsucking Fiends.

10. Brian McLaren. I'm just beginning the book A Generous Orthodoxy :Why
I am a missional, evangelical, post/protestant, liberal/conservative,
mystical/poetic, biblical, charismatic/contemplative, fundamentalist/calvinist,
anabaptist/anglican, methodist, catholic, green, incarnational,
depressed-yet-hopeful, emergent, unfinished Christian
.
It's the only book I've ever read that has a "Chapter 0."

11. My Mom. I miss her. I haven't seen her in a few months.... (I know that there
are people who go longer than a few months without a visit with their Moms, but
there are also people who can see them every day!!!)

12. Anne Lamott. I have fallen in love with her. I have a post on Travelling
Mercies that I'm writing now, so please stay tuned! If you have ever felt alone,
or abandoned by "god", you need to read this book. The first chapter titled
Lily Pads, had me hooked for good.

13. Finally, I would love to have a cup of tea with all of you! My loyal readers!
I know a small few of you in the real world, but you all leave your impressions
on me with your kind words, and encouragement. Thanks for everything!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! It’s easy, and fun!



6 comments:

Caylynn said...

Great list! :) A very interesting, and diverse, group of people. Pope Benedict XVI was just here in Munich (he's from the area) and although I didn't get to see him, he was in the news a great deal. I was fortunate enough to hear and see Pope John Paul II when he was in Ottawa back when I was in grade 7. That was an amazing experience.

Have a great Thursday. :)

YellowRose said...

Very good list! You mentioned Idina Menzel, I want to see her in "Wicked!" I heard she is going to be playing Elphaba again in London, guess I can plan a trip! LOL

Happy Thursday, mine is up!

Anonymous said...

Great list, and happy TT!:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the great book recommendations!

Barbara said...

A very nice list. And #13 is the best, because I love tea, and would love to come to Canada!

DigiscrapMom said...

It would be nice to have a cup of tea with you :)

Just catching up here! happy weekend!