Tuesday, October 24, 2006

11 days to go!

Actually, it's 10 until we leave for Edmonton! (Pointer Sisters song turned up) I'M SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT!

Sorry about that spontaneous busting into song... I'm working on medicating those outbreaks...

Sunday night was INCREDIBLE! I went to the Bassment with Tiffany to see Volcanoless in Canada! Geronimo was supposed to open, but they couldn't make it, so Saskatoon's own Josh Palmer threw together a jazzy little set to open up the show. Then Our Mercury took the stage. That was an amazing set! They are one of Tif's new favorite bands, I think. Mine too! :-)

Finally, around 11:30, Volcanoless takes the stage, and of course played crowd favorites like She Moves and Funny Like Strange, Which is my favorite song.

"Smothered to sleep, in the glorious "maybe"
...4am, alone in between these sheets
Is the wine in France as great as you dreamt it would be?
Is distance killing you like it's killing me?
at 4am the tears feel like home."

What a fantastic song! Great show Guys! I LOVE YOU ENVER!!! Just kidding, (everyone knows I have a thing for the drummer) (Drummers always get the chicks!) (BTW, Still kidding Kyle!) :-)

If you haven't heard any of these songs, Please go to their respective myspace pages and check these indies out. Local music can truly be awesome! Support your local Rockstar!

After the show, we went to Denny's for "breakfast" at 1AM, because Tiffany wanted bacon... and I decided to have a happy ending. (please, it's on the back of the menu there, I'm not being perverse... yet) After my Happy ending, which was fantastic by the way, we all went back to Tif and Josh's place because She wanted MORE BACON! This girl is like 115 at most, and she can pack the bacon away! Where does she put it? In her shoes? I really have no Idea. Here's to more BACON PARTIES! Except that Josh burned, charred, destroyed the said bacon, and nearly burned his apartment down! Good times!

While at the apartment, my secret blogger identity was revealed to a certain cute boy...let's call him "The Suit" (does that sound ominous and scary?) I hope that he keeps my blogger secret identity a secret! (Hint hint!)

By the way, I realize that a lot of you do know my secret identity, but none of you who know me, know my co-workers, and people that I may talk about here :-)

Any hoo, I think a good, nay, GREAT time was had by all. I am eagerly awaiting another night like that one!

2 comments:

Breanne Gentner said...

I know your coworkers! Well, at least a few of them.

Tracey said...

True enough Brea, but you also have a Secret Blogger Identity to keep, no?

Bloggers don't tattle on other bloggers...It's the Blogger Code. :-)

(I'm such a dork!)