Friday, October 27, 2006

The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio

Would someone please pass me a tissue?

I Just finished watching The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio and I think that I need to call my Mom!

It's based on the book The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio: How My Mother Raised 10 Kids on 25 Words or Less By Terry Ryan. I've got it on order from Amazon as of three minutes ago. :-)

Terry is one of ten children in a family that is dealing with alcohol abuse, violence and poverty in the 1950's. Her Mother, Evelyn Ryan kept her children fed, clothed and housed during the 1950s and '60s by winning contests for jingles and ad lines for various products and brands. The movie was very entertaining and obviously made me want to know the rest of the story.

1 comment:

Tracie Nall said...

I heard about this movie before it came out, and then not so much after that. Thanks for reminding me that I want to see it.