Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday


Thirteen Jobs That I've Had

1. My First Job: Babysitter for my family and my Cousins.

2. I worked as a janitor in my Dad's office. I vacuumed,
dusted, cleaned the bathrooms, and took out the garbage and
recycling every Sunday night. (I earned $50 a month) I did
this for a couple of years, then my sister took over.

3. In grade 11, I started working for the Assiniboia Child Care
Services. I loved my daycare job!

4. For two summers, I worked for Assiniboia Economic
Development. I was mainly an office gopher the first year,
and the second, I developed some real projects.

5. After high school, I worked for two years at the SAAN Store.
MMMM...Retail Clothing! Exciting!

6. I then moved to Saskatoon, and needed a job to pay my rent,
so I worked for a few months in a small daycare, Just Like Home.

7. I worked at Pizza Hut on 8th St. (for way too long) as a cook
and a waitress. (I'm not such a great waitress, but I can
cook a mean Pie!!) Plus, It was while working here that I met
my Fantastic, Handsome, and Loving Husband!

8. I got tired of being a "Pizza Slut" and went to work in Midtown
at The Bombay Company.

9. I got "stolen" from there to become the Assistant Manager at
Roots Canada...

10. ...Only to get passed over for a Management position there,
So I went to work for the mall... not just AT the mall! I started
working at Guest Services.

11. I recently quit the Administration job, and took on two Part-time
endeavors. I am of gainful employ at a retail telecommunications
outlet and...

12. At a popular Music Retailer.

13. My next Jump will be in a completely different direction. I am
applying to Nursing School for September 2007. I have done a
bunch of soul searching, and this is where I truly want to be. Wish
me luck, (and donate to the tuition fund please :-)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh you have been so busy - good luck to you with your Nursing - you are very talented!!

Caylynn said...

Lots of different jobs!

Good luck with nursing school. :) I'm currently working towards a Masters degree in Physiotherapy, after many years out of school (I graduated with my Bachelors back in 1997) so I can sympathize.

Happy T13. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at people's versatility - I've only studied to have this one job. lol Happy TT!

Nathalie said...

You've had so many! (this is only my second job...), I think it's great to have that much experience in different type of companies.
Have a great day, my TT is up too!

Anonymous said...

My husband is starting Nursing school this January and I'm really excited for him...he's working in the hospital now as a nurse assistant and loves it. I wish you well with your schooling! Thanks for visiting my list!!

Carmen said...

nursing is a noble profession. good luck with it!

MaR said...

You have had so many different jobs, how interesting. Wish you luck with nursing school!!
happy TT!

Terri said...

I have thought of nursing myself! I'll be rooting for you!!!

Lisa said...

All those previous jobs served to prepare you to do what you really love! Good for you and best of luck!

Thanks for stopping by Snarkypants and sending birthday wishes! Have a good weekend.