Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I disappeared...

"Like I said, disappearances happen. Pains go phantom. Blood stops running and people, people fade away. There's more I have to say, so much more, but... I disappeared." - Meredith Grey

Last Thursday saw Meredith of "Grey's Anatomy" drown, and presumably, die. That pretty much sums up what I have done for the last six weeks. I went under. I could see the water above and the water below. I chose to sink.

I have had this self-pity and loathing and hate for myself...and for what reason? I am stumbling through this life, while others are celebrating and cheering their daily victories. I can choose to continue to sink, to drown, or I can choose to come out of this strange dark place.

Why choose to come to the surface? I have friends and family who love me (At least they say they do) But I have been a terrible friend...I was rescued in January by Kimberly, and How do I repay her? I don't call or write or visit in a month! I was loved by Janelle and I ignored her emails. I was comforted by Darren in a time of need, and just today, I beat him up for talking to his ex-boyfriend (who I think he should avoid)...Do I deserve any of these people? (Probably not.)

I am tired of being tired. I am Tired of being in the dark. I am tired of complaining.

I am tired of disappearing. No more.

People, today was Mardi Gras. A celebration of indulgence to counter a period of fasting. My "Lenten preparedness" is going to be slightly different than previous years. I think that I'm going to not cut so much out or abstain during Lent, I'm going to indulge. I will force myself upon people, and come up for air. I will indulge in my baby girl Kailey's smiles, I will take crazy long walks across the bridge with the dog, I will go to Calories for cheesecake with Janelle, and we might eat a whole cake together, but then I will go to the Gym with Becky (please come to the gym with me!!!) and I will make all of those cheesecakes vanish into THIN air!

There is so much more that I have to say, and I will say it. I cannot allow the person I have become to disappear. I like me. I like being opinionated. I like working in a "crappy retail job". I like hating George Bush. I like country music and screamo punk too. I like being who I am and I refuse to disappear.

Fuck That Noise!

5 comments:

Terri said...

Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you're going to phone me now, maybe even visit sometime!, gasp!! tara

Breanne Gentner said...

Glad you're back too... I've been checking almost daily to see if you'd returned!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you decided to swim, rather than sink. Keep smiling!

(and do you mean "Meredith", not "Miranda"?)

Tracey said...

Yah I did... I was super tired when I wrote that. (Plus, I am a huge dork, and I need to embrace my dork-ness every now and then!)

:-)