Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fat or Phat?

It has been documented here that I am on a mission to lose 150 pounds, AKA, my butter half! Buddum Cha! *****For the record, I've lost 15 from May to the beginning of June, so I think it's going well so far!******

I digress, anyhoo, I found this pleasantness staring back at me from my bloglines this morning. Manolo, of the shoe blog fame, has recruited a couple of Grrrls to blog under the heading Manolo for the Big Girl!

This is a huge leap (pun intended) for us larger than life gals who still read Vogue every month and dream of wearing Haute Couture. I love me some pretty clothes and in a market like Saskatoon where the fat girls can't shop in the Frakas or Tonic's, we are stuck in the Penningtons and Addition-Elle's of the world. There is no comparison. The fat stores just aren't Phat.

It's not just the clothes, but the way they fit most of the time. They are made for one body shape and us big girls come in a variety of shapes. I am a mix of bigger through the shoulders, but a gal I used to work with had a ghetto booty and needed a bigger size for pants than tops.

Plus, I find that the local fat chick clothes I buy are made out of cheap fabrics, but still cost a lot! I would pay $80 for a blouse if it didn't get all misshapen after the first wash. (and it's not me, I am meticulous about washing my things with major care. I have so few nice things, I want them to stay nice.)

All this is moot once I get all hot this winter while being a gym bunny. I will walk into Manhattan Casuals and buy some totally skanky outfit and it will be a size 8!!! Yeah!

No comments: