Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm Not Stupid



This made me smile and laugh out loud. Tori Amos' verdict on the Lindsay Lohan troubles earlier this summer. The second half is part of a song called winter, but unfortunately it cuts off half way through...

Here are the lyrics:

“Just a little chat

I need to have

When I was 21 do you think

I had a bag of cocaine

in my car?


If I did - if I did

You’d never know it

because it would have been hidden

I’m not stupid.

But why are so many 21-year old millionaires so stupid?

Stupid and cute.

But stupid - I don’t know.

Let’s just say

When I was 26 (or seven - or eight)

And I was a billionairess

What would I have done?

Many naughty things.

Many, many, many naughty things.

But I would have had a DRIVER!

‘Cuz I’m not stupid, no.

I’m not stupid, no.

Not THAT stupid anyway

‘Cuz if I had been naughty

(I like being naughty)

But I haven’t been caught so far

and I am almost 44

44

And I’ve done many,

many, many, many, many bad things.

They are hidden inside my *mmm - mmm*

Inside my *mmm - mmm*

So there’s no record or no fingerprints on it

‘Cuz I’m not stupid

‘Cuz I’m not stupid

No, not stupid!”

No comments: