Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thursday musings

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long
The future is coming on...
- 'Clint Eastwood' by The Gorillaz
I am rocking out to a CD I just recovered from a box labled "Misspent Youth". I kid you not. The Gorillaz were a favorite 5 years ago because I had a Major crush on a guy who looked like Damon Albarn the lead singer of the bands Blur and Gorillaz.

It's kinda crazy to go over some of the songs that you were really passionate about in the past. They can take you back in an instant. I hear a silly song like "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, and I am crusing up and down Albert Street in Regina on a road trip with my girlfriends in grade 10 with brand new drivers' licenses. I hear Blink 182, and I'm back working at the Pizza Hut on 8th St. working with Curtis in the morning slicing veggies and making pizza dough...

I hear memories in the songs. Does that happen to everyone?

I can't wait to go through the rest of these. I don't remember what went in here, so this is an adventure in music today!

No comments: