Thursday, November 10, 2005

What have you done today?

I just turned off the tv. Oprah was on, and since I was home for an afternoon (for once!) I watched my favorite multi-millionare.

Her show was inspiring. It was an update on a family that Oprah had helped last year. This single mom has her 3 kids, and her brother's 7 kids, and her elderly mother living with her in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. Oprah bought this family a home, and had cutie patootie Nate Berkus redecorate the home. Awesome to see the family overwhelmed with emotion. It brought a couple of tears to my eyes. Then Oprah tells the 10 kids, You need to promise me that you will do your best in school, and make your Mom, and Auntie proud. When the time comes, I will, not the Angel Network, not My Foundation, But ME, I will pay for all of your college education.

WOW!

Then she revealed the theme for this year: What Have You Done Today?

That's a great question to ask yourself every day.

No comments: