Monday, February 13, 2006

Let it snow!


This poor puppy! He's one of the photos from the CTV webpage of the snowstorm that has hit the east coast.

I wish that we could get that kind of snow here in Saskatchewan. I know we have in the past, but nothing recently.

I remember going toboggoning as a child. There were some really good places to go in Assiniboia (my hometown). We would go out to the Willows Dam and go down the hill onto the ice and back up again. I always hated the climb up the hill but loved the ride down. It was pretty steep, and I'm sure that if I tried it now, I'd break something :-) The other good spot to ride down was the 'hospital Hill'. There was a big hill behind the Hospital that was one of the most dangerous, because there was a fire hydrant right in the middle of the best run. You had to steer carefully, or you'd hit the hydrant and get hurt. Good news, you were already at the hospital, bad news, the nurses would call your Mom, and you'd have to go home.

The kids in NYC had better use this snow properly, or I'm gonna come out there and make them :-)

No comments: