Monday, March 27, 2006

What do Daffodils Do?

On Saturday, I purchased a bunch of daffodils from the Canadian Cancer Society. They didn't open right away. They actually looked like asparagus gone bad. Sometime yesterday evening, they bloomed, and I got a dozen beautiful flowers. There was one strange one though. They are all bright yellow, with the tight pointed petals, and then there is this one, a pale yellow, almost white, with more rounded petals. Does anyone know what kind of daffodil this is? Or do I just have a freak flower?

4 comments:

Terri said...

I've never seen that before. It's very pretty! Sorry..don't know if that is a different type or what.

Anonymous said...

The funny colored flower just means that fernando took a pee in the vase. Tee hee hee. T.

Karen said...

There are lots of different types of daffodils or narcissus. Some have dark centers and light outer petals like yours, some are pinkish or a peach colour. Usually the Cancer Society daffodils are all yellow, so that one got in there by mistake. I bought some yesterday too.

Tracey said...

Thanks Karen! It is nice to know that my cat hasn't violated the flowers like Tara, I mean, the Anon commentor pointed out! :-)