Thursday, April 20, 2006

Confessions

Last night I went out for supper to a new-to-me place: Keo's Kitchen. Really neat. I had some kind of vegetarian rolls and then ordered the Thai Beef. Full of goodliness. :-) Supper was spicy, but then again, so was the dinner conversation.

Why do secrets weigh so heavily on the soul? It's hard to share a secret sometimes, but once you tell it, it loses some of the power that it had on you. You are able to function at a normal level once again. But the flip side of sharing a secret is that once you have unburdened yourself, do you then burden someone else with it? Do they suffer under the weight of your problem?

As I wrote that last sentence, I realized the answer. It does burden the friend somewhat, but that's what friends are for. They help us carry our loads further down the road of life. You can get to a better place more easily if you have help with the heavy stuff.

I wish that I was braver, and could come clean about all of my transgressions, big and small.
Maybe someday I can. Not today.

No comments: