Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Driving home music

When I went home for Easter, I had a long drive ahead of me. I went and picked a few cd's that I hadn't heard in a while. What a memory lane flashback!

I bought this disk in September of 2000, right after a strange summer at home with a boy who had moved to Saskatoon to go to the UofS.

I lived the lyrics of this song for too many days and nights for it to have been forgotten for as long as it was. I vowed that I would never let myself be treated that way again...But he did it to me again and again... I could tear up just thinking of the line "Often I'm waiting on the one That maybe won't come. Waiting."

Weakened State
Sarah Harmer

From the minute you saw it
By the time it left my mouth
I knew you wouldn't want it
But I had to have it out

I saw your smile, I felt it
Now I just can't believe
There was no knowing deception
Underneath

All that time
Did it pass while you were
Looking back waiting?

I asked for the truth
Everytime
And now the ugly details
Are stuck in my mind

And there's a preminition
I keep putting off
And the more time passes
The more I get soft

I'm standing up there
In a weakened state
And it's not great

All that time
Did it pass while you were
Looking back waiting?

Often I'm waiting on the one
That maybe won't come.
Waiting.

And I'm not saying anything
You think that I forgot
I'm not saying anything
But I'm thinking a lot

No comments: