Thursday, April 06, 2006

Study done on the power of Prayer

Slate Magazine has a really interesting take on a recent study that didn't prove that prayer helps to heal.

"It was supposed to be good news, like the kind in the Bible. After three years, $2.4 million, and 1.7 million prayers, the biggest and best study ever was supposed to show that the prayers of faraway strangers help patients recover after heart surgery. But things didn't go as ordained. Patients who knowingly received prayers developed more post-surgery complications than did patients who unknowingly received prayers—and patients who were prayed for did no better than patients who weren't prayed for. In fact, patients who received prayers without their knowledge ended up with more major complications than did patients who received no
prayers at all."



I really have a hard time believing these results. I want to believe with all my heart that prayer helps. I pray at least once a day. I pray for myself, for other people, for my pets, for the world.

If there is no answer, EVER, then It becomes a matter of faith. I have faith in God. And God will answer me, when I finally ask the right question.

No comments: