Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Waiting...

I'm sitting here, listening to Death Cab for Cutie, waiting.

Waiting for Travis to come home.

Waiting for The Daily Show to start.

Waiting for my Sister to get off work and call.

Waiting for something to happen.

I've had this feeling of trepidation; a feeling that there is something big on the horizon. This looming sense of...expectation. Not of dread, or melancholy, or bad stuff... just this feeling that there will be a change. I am waiting for the ball to drop. I don't usually feel this way.

Death cab is a good disk for this mood today. I could take this disk and get in my car and drive. Just go for a cruise. Back in the day, if you had a driver's license, and a car, in my town, we would cruise. We would go to Moose Jaw, grab a slurpee and drive home. I really would like to call Tara and Kimmer, Lisa or even Danielle, and get into the "chuckwagon" (Tara's parents red mini-van) or "Jessica" (my Mom's jeep) and cruise Main Street like we used to.

I remember learning to drive standard when I was 15. Danielle and I were in a car with Lee from the Power Station (A youth group hang-out), and I remember not stalling more than a couple of times, but Danielle..She sucked :-) She stalled so many times that when she hit the four-way stop (there was only the one) There were people going around her, before she even stalled the car. I wonder what she's doing now. I haven't talked to her in at least 4 or 5 years.

I'm boring you all, I'm sure. The only people who will have read this far are Tara and Kim, and they are both like "Omigawd, she's losing it! Next, she'll start talking about Cameron, and the Party at Grandma's house and the Rockaberry coolers and getting His license taken away by Charlene.... Too Much Information!!!"

I can claim that this post was caused by Dr. Hohn and painkillers...only 10 more pills left people! Then I can do no more harm.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I have a few stories that involve rockaberry coolers as well LOL

Anonymous said...

I was hooked by Death Cab immediately after hearing "Title and Registration". I mean, I liked them before, but that song hooked me.

I was quite upset when I woke up this morning to the reviews of the Death Cab/Franz Ferdinand concert that was on here last night. I was planning on going, but meh.

And cruising -- wow am I glad I left that in high school. And I didn't even do it that often in high school.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about Cameron until now, thanks, I need a shower!

Tracey said...

No worries Tara, Any time :-)