Thursday, May 18, 2006

American Idol - Blah!

As someone who could care less if FOX cancelled American Idol, I have a secret obsession with Kelly Clarkson. She is the only Idol to have garnered any real success. Sure, there have been other Idols who have put out a record, but Kelly is the only one with any songs actually charting. (Note: Songs as in plural, more than one hit)

I watched the first season of the show, but since then, I couldn't have cared in the least. I have a co-worker who will discribe each episode in great detail, so it feels like I am watching it :-) I guess that people concider that last winner, Carrie Underwood (the country singer), to be a hit, but I thought that they were looking for America's new popstars.

Anyhoo, here's my latest obsession: Walk Away. If you sneak up on me in the mall you will either find me on the internet, or singing along to this song on our Muzzak, or a combination of both.



"Walk Away"
You've got your mother and your brother
Every other undercover
Tellin' you what to say
You think I'm stupid
But the truth is
That it's cupid, baby
Lovin' you has made me insane
So before you point your finger
Get your hands off of my trigger
Oh yeah
You need to know this situation's getting old
And now the more you talk
The less I can take, oh
I'm looking for attention
Not another question
Should you stay or should you go?
Well, if you don't have the answer
Why you still standin' here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Just walk away
I waited here for you
Like a kid waiting after school
So tell me how come you never showed?
I gave you everything
And never asked for anything
And look at meI'm all alone
So, before you start defendin'
Baby, stop all your pretendin'
I know you know I know
So what's the point in being slow
Let's get the show on the road today
I wanna love
I want a fire
To feel the burn
My desires
I wanna man by my side
Not a boy who runs and hides
Are you gonna fight for me?
Die for me?
Live and breathe for me?
Do you care for me?
'Cause if you don't then just leave

3 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I like the song, but she looks all Gwen-Pink sleazy. Makes me sad, she doesnt' have to dress that way.

Tracey said...

True enough. Good Point.

I think that she is just trying to distance herself from the Idol thing, where she was so "cute and sweet"

Anonymous said...

Im probably the biggest Kelly Clarkson closet fan there is.. lol

Her music is actually really really good. And Walk Away just happens to be one of my current favorites.