Thursday, May 11, 2006

Here I go again!


Thirteen Things about my first official campfire of the year!

1. Campfires make people happy!

2. Campfires smell really nice. There is something about that
smoky musk that makes you remember campfires of yesteryear.

3. Campfires can cook MARSHMALLOWS!!!

4. Hot dogs are 100% better on a campfire than on the barbque
or boiled.

5. They keep you toasty in the cool evenings (But you have
to keep rotating or one side of you will freeze).

6. You learn a lot about your friends when you discover that
they are 'Fire Bugs'...

7. You learn a lot about you when you discover that YOU are
a "Fire Bug"!

8. A copper pipe in the embers makes the flames turn really
neat colours.

9. Anything and Everything will burn, if you leave it in the fire
long enough!

10. Wearing glasses only protects you from the smoke for so
long, and only from certain angles :-)

11. Although, there are NO MOSQUITOES in the smoke!!!

12. Everyone can sing at a campfire, and no one cares if the song
is horrible or you are off key.

13. Campfire season in Saskatchewan is as short as summer, so go
out, light a fire, and enjoy the evening before the snow flies again!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

WendyWings said...

We have just lit our indoor fires for the first time for the year,it is heading into winter here.
I always manage to burn my marshmallows on a campfire.
My TT is up :)

Anonymous said...

If there are no mosquitos in the smoke, then that's where you'd find me! lol

Anonymous said...

Your right- the smell of a campfire is so nice, and hot dogs do taste better on a fire. boiled- blech. :)

I've got to try the copper in the fire thingy ... I've heard that before but haven't tried it.

My tt is up now too.

Cheryl said...

Sounds great - enjoy!

Matt said...

Gotta love campfire marshmallows. They just taste better that way.

My T13 is up!

Carmen said...

Mmm. Roasted marshmallows. :) Congrats on being the featured blog last week on the TT site.

Undercover Angel said...

I love campfires. My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

I love toasty marshmallows! and snuggling by a fire... fun list.

the lizness said...

hot dogs are way better at a campfire, but I usually end up throwing away the tennis shoes I wore by a campfire b/c they a) melt a little and b) get all black and nasty

Leesa said...

Neat list :)

-tnchick- said...

Campfires are such fun - especially with people you enjoy. It's been a while for me - would love to have one.

Margaret said...

Smores! Got Marshmellows?

Anonymous said...

What a great list. I can't wait for summer to get here. It is pouring rain right now.