Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Birthday success!

Weekend was fun. Friday Travis opened his present as I wanted, :-) and we watched the first Godfather movie. It was ok... Truthfully, I was hoping for more. The best scenes were ones that I already knew. I watched the second one in two parts the last couple of nights, and I think that it is a far superior film. I Loved the back story of Vito's rise to power in the early part of the century.

And am I the only person who thinks that Kay needs to be beaten?!? What The F? Girl, if you weren't going to grow up to be the Diane Keaton that I love, I would have reached through the TV and smacked you myself!!! That's what Michael gets for not marrying an Italian girl like his Mama. I am SICK of seeing these "oh poor me" girl characters in "crime" movies and shows. Everyone from Kay Corleone to Meadow Soprano bitches that her life is so terrible and she hates it! You knew what you had gotten into from the start. And if you didn't like it, then why are you still there? ARRGH!

Anyhoo, I'm off to view #3 tonight. Hopefully it is as good as the other two. I doubt that I will be disappointed.

The birthday party was a success! There was much merriment all around. Travis even got up and kareoked a personal favorite of mine : CCR's Who has seen the rain. No one will let me put up any pictures though ;-) I guess they may have had a little too much fun!

In other news, we started some spring cleaning on the weekend and I love my clean house! I would actually have people over to visit now! Perhaps a dinner par-tay is in order... I promise, no crazy foods, and only vegetables that your mom would make Curtis. No eggplant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay is a great source of frustration for me in those movies.

Godfather 3 is not the same movie as number 1 or 2. Don't watch it as if it will be as good, and you will enjoy it. I love the movie, but that's because I watched it knowing it wasn't going to be as good as 1 or 2. Everyone I know who watched it expecting the same level of film prowess came out of it upset.

Brace yourself.