Monday, June 05, 2006

The Best French Film EVER!

I am staying awake right now (12:42 am and counting) to watch the very best French film ever: Jeux d'enfants.

It is about two people who meet as children and as they grow older their game of "dare" grows more and more intense. They are in over their heads, so to speak, and the ending is misunderstood by many people. The game that Julien and Sophie play is really just a diversion. One that allows them to hide from the truth that they belong together.

If you have cable, search for a movie called "Love me if you dare". That is the English title. Then watch this movie!!! If you liked Amile, you will really like Jeux d'enfants.

(Hint Hint - If anyone can find this on DVD, let me know where!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got my roommate to turn it on, but I really don't think he's going to keep it there.... nope, he changed it to Just Shoot Me.

Now Twilight Zone... I'm doomed.

Breanne Gentner said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! It's so incredibly good. Except the ending totally confused me... which one do you think is the "true" ending?

Breanne Gentner said...

By the way, when I watched it with a friend I am pretty sure she rented it from Blockbuster, but that was in Regina.

Tracey said...

They don't get encased (sp?) in cement, Literally.

Julien and Sophie end up as old people still playing their game. The Cement symbolized their love being "cemented", being joined together for eternity.

Christy said...

By any chance do they meet again as adults?

My husband has been telling me about a french film he saw with a similar premise and I have done every search that can be found for it with no luck.

Tracey said...

Christy - Yes. They are together as adults, but only for a moment at a time.

Airing On Movie Central:
Jun 15 11:00 am
Jun 21 11:15 am
Jul 2 8:00 pm
Jul 3 4:45 am
Jul 11 11:30 am
Jul 11 11:45 pm
Jul 20 9:45 am
Jul 27 7:30 am
Jul 27 6:30 pm Final Showing

(I'm a dork, but This really is one of my top five movies of all time)