Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Insomnia sucks!

Folks, It's well past 2 AM and I'm wide awake. I am excited because I have an interview for a sure-thing job tomorrow in a place where I am eager to go. I cannot wait to tell the details, but I'll have to wait.

I am in Clothes Shopping Denial. If my sisters or my Mom are reading this - Stop Now!!!

I have yet to buy an outfit to wear to my sister's wedding on July 8. No big deal, I've got a week and some... WRONG!

I have today, Thursday and part of Friday. I am going to my family's reunion on Friday night and staying there until Sunday, Driving to Assiniboia with my family on Monday (Clothes shopping ability in Assiniboia=ZERO - Unless I drive to either Moose Jaw or Regina... Idea, Maybe... night not have time though.) And I spend the rest of the week preparing for the wedding. Cooking, baking, decorating, the usual stuff.

I need to get my butt in gear on that one. I just hate buying clothes for myself. I can make a great outfit for someone else, or pick clothes for boys with NO PROBLEM!!! I just cannot seem to dress myself AT ALL! I pick the worst colours or unflattering cuts or styles. And I cannot accessorize for myself either. My sister Jennifer has told me time and time again to just go into a store and tell the sales people: "This is what I want. Bring it to me in multiple colours and lengths!" This doesn't work for me. I'll end up taking 7 times my budget home, it looks like crap on me, and it all ends up in a closet never worn.

Does anyone want to go shopping? I need the voice of reason to go along and keep me out of paisley or fuschia or puce taffeta capri's :-)

3 comments:

Terri said...

Don't look at me..my shopping skills are nil and my fashion sense is pathetic. All summer you find me in shorts and a tank top..and they are NOT flattering at all.

At least tube tops aren't in or I'd probably be wearing one of those too! Or remember those Terrytowel short/top things that were all in one, no straps, just pulled up. Ewwww.

Anonymous said...

If I was there in S'toon, I would definately go shopping with you. My friends have a love/hate relationship with me when we go clothes shopping - in that I usually find lots of great clothes for them to wear - they just end up spending more money than planned!

Btw - it was very nice to met you when I was in S'toon. Would love to have coffee again, next time I come to town. :)

Tara - Becky's friend

Tracey said...

Terri - I've seen pictures on your page... You don't look bad. Now, if you got into one of those uni-tard terrytowel thingies, that might be a different story :-)

Tara - Thanks, it was great to meet you too! If I remember correctly, you and Becky did have a large # of bags that day... Hmmm... :-) I'm up for a Starbucks next time you are in S'toon, For sure!