Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday 13


The Thirteen Best Song Lyrics Ever!

1. They - Jem (Finally Woken 2004)
"Who made up all the rules? We follow them like
fools, believe them to be true, don't care to think
them through."

2. Best of you - Foo Fighters (In Your Honor 2005)
"Were you born to resist, or be abused?"

3. Acid - Emm Gryner (Public 1998)
"Hey, I'll always wish I was with you. Hurt me, you can't
kill me, whatever you want to do. Hey, I'll always wish I
had your hand. It would take away the acid if I thought
you'd understand. But I don't think you understand."

4. So says I - The Shins (Chutes Too Narrow 2003)
"In our darkest hours we have all asked for some angel
to come sprinkle his dust all around"

5. Let Go - Frou Frou (Details 2002)
"There's Beauty in the Breakdown"

6. Lullaby - The Dixie Chicks (Taking the Long Way 2006)
"How long do you wanna be loved? Is forever enough, Is forever
enough? How long so you wanna be loved? Is forever enough
'cause I'm never, never givin' you up."

7. Elsewhere - Sarah McLachlan (Fumbling Towards
Ecstasy
1993)
"I believe this is heaven, to no one else but me, and I'll defend it,
as long as I can be left here to linger, in silence, if I choose to, would
you try to understand?"

8. God - Tori Amos (Under the Pink 1994)
"God sometimes you just don't come through.
Do you need a woman to look after you?"

9. There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered
Honey. You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet - Panic! At the
Disco (A Fever You Can't Sweat Out 2005)
"Talk to the mirror, oh, choke back tears.
And keep telling yourself that "I'm a diva!"

10. All you need is Love - The Beatles (Magical
Mystery Tour
1967)
"Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you, in time.
It's easy!"

11. Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls (Let Love In 2006)
"Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings, And desire and love
and empty things. Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

12. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin IV 1971)
"And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold."

13. When You Wish upon a Star - Jiminy Cricket
(Pinocchio Soundtrack 1940)
"When you wish upon a star,
makes no difference who you are.
Anything your heart desires will come to you.

If your heart is in your dreams,
no request is too extreme.
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do."



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those lyrics, I am actually familiar with most of them. We have the same taste in music.

Geggie said...

OMG! I loooove the new DCX album. It's great! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I love all those lyrics, especially Acid, Let Go and my fave is #13, When you wish upon a star as dreamers do. *that's me* hehehehehe

Happy T13. mine is up.

becky said...

Great list! Which reminds me -- we should do a mix CD exchange sometime in the near future.

Norma said...

At least I've heard of #13.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

Chaotic Mom said...

I LOVE that you didn't just list songs, but lyrics, too. Good list!

My T13 is up, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great list idea! I love those lyrics. :)

Natsthename said...

I loved that 13, since I'm a music FREAK!

That Frou Frou song always makes me thing of "Garden State" when I hear it. Love Imogen Heap's vocals in that.

You rock!

Louise said...

I love the line "What do you get when you fall in love, nothing but pain, lies and sorrow, so for at least until tomorrow, I'll never fall in love again"

Summed up perfectly the agony of life before marriage.

Unknown said...

All you need is love and When you wish upon a star....two of my favorites also.

my t 13 is up

Anonymous said...

I love the GooGoo Dolls song... fun list. I don'tknow some of these!!

Unknown said...

How sad is it that I only recognize #6?

Wendy Boucher said...

I'm glad you threw in Jiminy Cricket!

Laci said...

Finally! Someone else who loves Panic! at the Disco!

They're all I'm listening to right now, because I can't get enough! :)

Happy Thursday!

YellowRose said...

Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls is one of my favorites! It's actually playing on my blog now! Good lyrics!!

Happy Thursday!

twiga92 said...

I don't think I know most of these, but usually I don't know names of songs, just recognize them if I hear them. I do know Stairway to Heaven. I don't really care for Zeppelin, but my hubby loves them. :-)

Unknown said...

Reading your profile, I am actually married to an accountant and we have one incredible son so far! He is a joy--both really! Better Dayz is a great one, Stairway to Heaven, When you wish upon a star, takes me back. A good variety of songs here! My list is up!

Anonymous said...

hahaha I was about to x out, thinking that I didn't know any of those songs, when I saw Led Zepplin LOL! And of course, Jiminy Cricket :-)

Crystie said...

What a great idea for TT! I wish I could think up such great ideas! I love Jem, I didnt think anyone else had much heard of her. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Sarah said...

Great artists, great songs, great lyrics.

Opening your blog was like looking at my own. Same template and I was using the same TT format until today. Weird!

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I love the new Dixie Chicks CD. I especially love Not Ready to Play Nice. Pretty much how I feel, I think. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Natalie Maines, she stood up and told the truth, and she didn't recant.

Sarah McLachlan is my all-time favorite artist. She is phenomenal.

(and of course you now have me singing all of those songs)

Thanks for visiting my T13.

Cheryl said...

Very illuminating! I knew some of those but others are a new source of reflection for me. :)

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so lame. The only quote I could actually put to music in my head was Jiminy Cricket. Fun list, though!

chosha said...

I love #1. My favourite lyrics of all time are from Midnight Oil's The Power and the Passion.
"It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

This is a great TT idea. I might have to borrow it sometime.

PS...did my nerd score from your sidebar. 65.