Tuesday, July 25, 2006

30 Days

I bought the first season (6 episodes) of 30 Days. It's a neat idea from the guy who made Supersize Me, Morgan Spurlock.

He takes the idea that if you walk in someone else's shoes and experience their life, you might learn something about yourself. The six themes are: Making ends meet on Miminum wage, Going on an anti-aging regimen, A devout Christian and a Muslim trade places, A straight man in a gay world, Consumerism vs. the "eco-village", and finally, a mom who trades places with her college bound daughter.

A really neat series to watch if you like reality tv, and even if you really aren't that fond of the genre.

EDIT: Great minds think alike I guess... Becky has a post about season two starting this week on FX. I'm going to try to catch them as they come out this season, so I don't have to wait! :-)

DOUBLE EDIT: It looks like Friday's Oprah is about Americans living on Minimum Wage, and Morgan and his Fiancee Alex (Who are the ones who lived that way for 30 days) are featured on the show. Check it out!

2 comments:

Terri said...

I think I would enjoy that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anonymous said...

I've caught a few of the episodes on tv. Great show.