Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And now for a proud Girl Moment in History:



Thirty-one years ago today, Billie Jean King beat the crap out of the self-proclaimed male chauvinist, Bobby Riggs.


In straight sets, the former Wimbledon champ won in front of 30,000 people! Way to go girl!



What makes me think of this today? Today I had a "battle of the sexes" at work. I have a co-worker who thinks that Boys are better at EVERYTHING! He has just met his match. I have a racket, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Girls of the world, we're just as good as the boys and we smell better too! I'm going to make this boy cry when I'm done with him :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Billie Jean King was cool. Too bad it doesn't happen any longer. The women are constantly trying to best the men in golf but are repeatedly humiliated.

It would be really cool to see one of them succeed though.