Monday, June 25, 2007

Home and back again.

This past weekend I went home to Assiniboia. I am happy to be back in S'toon, but I really like going home to visit family and friends.

I took the "shortcut" through Regina, and picked up my Grandma. The "shortcut" actually adds almost two full hours to the trip. And Remember, I don't have air conditioning in my beast of a car!!

It was a great weekend. Tara and I went to the Grand village of Wood Mountain on Saturday afternoon. It's about 45-50 miles from Assiniboia, so it's a nice day trip. We went to see an old friend of mine, Jody. She has opened the JH Quarter Circle Restaurant in Wood Mountain. The food was great, and the visit was, in my humble opinion, far too short.

Jody, if you read this, I am so happy to have seen you again. I think of you often. We had such good times together. (No one could cause trouble together like you and I did!) I am very proud of what you have done, and I will defend you until I die. I love you girl, and I meant what I said about meeting more often. It's not going to be another three years before I give you one of my famous hugs!!!

In some sad news, last night, my In-laws Pomeranian puppy died. Her name was Britney Lynn Spears (don't ask why she was named that) and she was truly loved by Mom and Dad. Britney is already missed terribly and she leaves a hole in the family that will never be replaced. She was tiny, and cute, and is in doggy heaven.


No comments: