Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th, eh?

I'm not afraid of Friday the 13th. I was born on a Friday the 13th, so I see it as a good luck day...My parents might think otherwise though :-)

It's so hot in my house, I keep tossing and turning and trying to lay directly in the path of the fan, but so is my husband, and I think he's won this round. I'm sleeping on the chesterfield tonight. If you have central air, and you are reading this, can I come for a sleepover?

I just finished a book called The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards. I'm not sure what to make of it. It was not my cup of tea entirely, but I still enjoyed it. There were moments when I thought that I might not finish it, but then it would perk back up and I'd be hooked for another couple of chapters. I'd say it's a good library book, or a borrower, but I wouldn't rush out and buy a copy if I were you.

Think happy thoughts for me today. I'm ripping my living room apart in my "cleaning frenzy". I've gone through every space in our house, and I've either tossed things out, Freecycled them, or boxed them up and made tons of space for us to move around again. It feels good to have clutter free as a part of my vocabulary again. I'm nowhere near finished this belated Spring cleaning yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and no, it's not just a freight train heading my way...for all you Metallica fans out there)

No comments: