Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What to do if it's hot outside...

...You hide out in your basement and eat ice cubes and read.

At least that's what I've done these last few days. I'm not going to complain about the weather, because that's just not my style. I'm not a big complainer.

HA HA HA!!!

I got back from Shawna's Book Club tonight. The next book for the group is A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka.

We discussed Kim Edwards' book The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I still don't think it's a great book, It's a good one. I wouldn't discourage anyone from checking it out.

In the last week, I've read three books. I'm running out of material ;-) Becky, I'll be over to raid your shelves again soon if this keeps up! I also tore through Season one of Nip/Tuck. Paul from work loaned it to me. He and Johnny both were raving about the series, so I caved and borrowed it. I have the second season waiting for me to pick it up. There are apparently some major plot spoilers online, so I have avoided any Nip/Tuck websites. Thanks to watching The View last year. all I know is that Rosie O'Donnell shows up at one point and has a recurring role. I wouldn't consider that a spoiler per se.

Does anyone have any suggestions for summer reads? Throw them out there and let a girl know what to buy next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good book would be " daiquiri's at Tara's house" come on over and I'll lend it to ya!!