Thursday, August 09, 2007

Trouble in the hen house

I am at a major crossroads right now. And I'm not ok today.

I might be tomorrow. But not today.

My husband of five years has decided that he doesn't love me any more and he wants me out. If I had wanted to get thrown out, I would have done something fun, you know, had an affair with a tall handsome stranger, or something equally nasty.

I am really confused, hurt, scared, angry, embarrassed, ashamed, sick, and shocked. I am walking around in a haze. This doesn't happen to me. What did I do to deserve this?

I know what I did. I changed. I grew up. He changed too. People do. It's a normal thing, I guess. I was 21 when we met and married. I'm 27 now. I have opinions and demands and they don't always correspond to his. He said that we just don't have enough in common and he "doesn't love me enough to try anymore". It hurts to relive the conversations we've had these last two days. It hurts, but it feels better the more I talk about it.

I've turned the comments off for this post. I'm not writing this, to get comments that say anything to me about how I'll be ok, or that this is all for the best. This post is for me. Today, August 9, 2007, My marriage ended. And I'm not ok today.