Monday, May 17, 2010

Why do I volunteer for things I suck at???

Guess who volunteered to throw her friend a baby shower???

That's right, I did. I've never done this before. I've attended showers, but I've never been in charge of one, and now I'm kinda freaking out a little bit. All the games and "fun stuff" I know to do seems a little bit lame. The games are the same old ones that everyone has played a hundred times, and your Grandmothers probably played when they had showers back in the 30's.

I digress... I am a little stressed about this, because instead of doing anything for this shower all last week, I spent the week worrying about Hubby. He has somehow given himself a herniated disc and now may end up needing surgery. We will find out if surgery is an option on Tuesday when he has an MRI.

He has spent 2 days in the hospital trying to get the pain under control. I had a not-so-enjoyable day trying to keep a 13 1/2 month old happy and entertained while in the hospital for 7 hours on Friday, and I do not ever wish to try that again! (Plus, on a totally gross note, there was an 82 year old woman in the bed next to Hubby's who, according to the woman who brought her in, hadn't pooped in 9 days. They gave her 2 enemas, and I'll let you imagine the smell...Fun Times!)

I have spent the last hour on the Internet looking for games and theme ideas and I am about ready to give up. If I see one more suggestion for eating baby food, or melting chocolate bars in diapers, I am going to scream!

If ANY of you have a suggestion, please let me know! I am ready to lose my mind! If it helps, the shower is for twin boys.

No comments: