Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Postsecret Secret hits close to home



When I saw this today, I stopped for a minute, and my heart sank. This made me think of a guy I thought I loved a few years ago. He knows who he is, and Kimmer, if you read this, you know much too well who he is...

I would have given a kidney or a lung if only he would have returned a small fragment of my affections. He did, but only when we were alone. He would never have acknowledged our stolen moments, or our evenings out doing regular couple things, if there were any of our other friends were there. He would come and pick me up from work, and we'd go get a movie or go out. He'd hold my hand, or kiss my forehead, and then walk away.

It took a long time to get over him, and some days, I still feel a tinge in my heart if I see something like this picture. I love my Husband, and I would Never stray. Trav is the best thing that ever could have happened for me. He loves me unconditionally. I am his forever. I am just haunted by a first real love that was very unhealthy, and I must remind myself of this sometimes.

No comments: