Thursday, June 29, 2006

To Do List:

Do laundry so I have clothes next week: Check

Pack for weekend: Check

Clean Kitchen so the husband has a clean house to come home to next week: Check

Buy Dress (es) for Sister's Wedding: Check-er-oonie!

That's right, I FINALLY got out there and found the PERFECT dress. There were a few choices that were alright, and one black v-neck long slinky black dress that I thought was the one. I had procured Becky to assist in the avoidance of the, "Ohmigawd, I cannot believe that she's wearing that pink skirt with a green tank top!", syndrome, that I have become accustomed to.

I thought that we were about finished, and was preparing to choose between some teal blue flowered thing (It wasn't really that bad) and the black number, when she pulled this navy blue dress with small white polka-dots off the rack. I was REALLY skeptical at first. I would have NEVER in a million years chosen it for myself.

She insisted that I give it a shot. The minute I slid it on, I knew it was THE ONE! It fit like a dream. It has this gather at the bust that draws attention away from my 'footballer shoulders'. Bonus! We grabbed a white shrug and some white accessories to go with the dress. Becky described it well by saying that it was an early sixties / Jackie O. looking dress.

Best part! They were on sale!!! I bought both the navy perfection, the shrug, the black dress (because you always need a black dress, and I don't have a 'grown-up black dress'), two bracelets and earrings and still spent less than $130.00. That's it!

Great afternoon! Great company! Thanks Girl for all your help. This could not have been done without you!

2 comments:

becky said...

Make sure you take pictures! Looking forward to seeing how it's all put together (accessories and all!).

Have a great vacation.

Paste said...

Have a great time, here from Wendy's this morning.