Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trailer Park connections

I started this life in a double wide in the good ol' Assiniboia Trailer Court (#42 on the map). My parents and I moved into a house when I was two years old, because My Sister was born, and there was a need for more space than we had.
(Good story though, My parents had everything packed. Dad and some friends were already at the new house moving stuff in. My Mom and Grandma were cleaning up the last of the small stuff, and mopping the floors before they left. Dad had taken the keys and given them to the real estate agent, so Mom had no key for the Trailer. Grandma took me by the hand and put me in the car. Mom grabbed the mop and pail, and pulled the door shut. Now, anyone who is familiar with trailers knows that there is a window at the front of them. As my Mom and Grandma and I drive away, I look out the window, and say, rather cheerfully, "Bye Duffer! Bye house!". My Mom now realizes that she has left her child in the trailer (mind you, she was sleeping quite peacefully in her car seat) and she has no key to get in! What could she do? Grandma and I went to get Dad, and the real estate guy, and Mom waited with the baby hoping and praying that she didn't wake up!)

Why this long story about Trailer Park life? Why to set up this photo! That's why!



A couple of weeks ago, my cousin Norm sent us a Trailer Park Boys "care package". He's a VP at Alliance Atlantis, and is responsible for the quality programming on wonderful Canadian networks like History Television, HGTV and Showcase. He sent the Official Sunnyvale jersey, t-shirts, ball caps, posters and more! Have you seen the movie yet? If not, GO ALREADY!!! If you like the show, you'll love the movie! Support this Girl's Family, and Go see this show!

No comments: